Wednesday 19 December 2007

Change the font on your P1!



I recently came across this post on Esato, and thought I'd give it a try on my P1 - pleased to say it works!

The basic steps are:
- Put your M2 card in to a PC, and create a folder called "resource". Within that, create a folder called "fonts".

- Find the font you want to use (I suggest this site for free fonts) Note that for best results you should find one that has 4 types available - regular, bold, italic and bolditalic).

-Rename the font files to these names:

Sans-Serif_Latin-Regular.ttf
Sans-Serif_Latin-Bold.ttf
Sans-Serif_Latin-Italic.ttf
Sans-Serif_Latin-BoldItalic.ttf

-Copy them into the fonts folder you created on the M2 card, and reboot the phone - new fonts!

I have made a seperate fonts folder on the memory card with a subfolder for each named font, and the 4 files within it, the plan being I can copy them from there to the d:\resource\fonts folder and reboot to try a different one without needing the PC. You'll need to use something like x-plore for this though, as the resource folder will be a system one. Note that this won't work with newer windows fonts as they have a .ttc extension and are a different type...

If you find any fonts that work well - leave a comment!

3 comments:

gdg said...

oh dear.... i have been following ur method to cahange my p1i's font for a long time. but yesterday i've updated my p1i's firmware. after that, my resource folder's fonts doesn't working. ive restarted the phone for several times also. but its not working! pls, help me,plssssss
My mailing add is "gardendoggygreen@yahoo.com"

فيرو ز بكر said...

hey bro, thanks a ton..i had seen the method in other sites but i hadn't tried. it worked. in fact i wanted to try the sin city font style but its sad that the sincity fonts have no numerics. thanks a lot.

cheers

Unknown said...

hi bro,
the font works gr8, but is there a chance to increase the font size.